Furnace Repair & Same Day Air Conditioning repair
with MWK Heating & Cooling LTD, Saskatoon SK
|Posted by [email protected] on December 20, 2017 at 11:15 AM|
Carbon Monoxide the silent Killer!
Every year 20,000 to 30,000 people in the USA get sick from Carbon Monoxide posioning and about 500 people die from from it.
Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. It cannot be detected by humans without the help of a detector. You will never beleive how many prople in Canada alone don't by a Carbon Monoxide detector for there home. For the price of a good one it is less than $100 but it will save your life.
Every year is a matter of fact there is headlines in the News Papers about a family that has died from this special killer. Infact last year I was a Sub-Contractor for a company and one of the employee's relatives died from Carbon Monoxide. Being in the industry I have heard this many times but for me personaly this really hit home base, So my friends and family and coworkers this is just for you with all my Heart I am saddend for your loss. For people can not understand the loss of there loved ones for something that is so easy to prevent.
I wish to provide this as with a peace of mind to help all in the world so they never have to feel what you and your family has gone through. First things first there is a reason why you should have your Gas Appliances checked and that is Carbon Monoxide. Many people shrug there shoulders when I say that, because I am in the service industry. Ok I will give you that! Think about it this way if I can prevent 1 person from loss of life it is worth my time. Yes my business makes money from matinenace checks and sure I want your business. But not at the cost of someones life. You can always call another company and that is fine with me as long as you dyo it!
Now I will explain about Carbon Monoxide a little for you. The maximum allowable concentation for short term exposure in a living area according to ASHRAE standards is 9 parts per Million. The closer to 0 is best, a good example is in my on home with my furnace running on high between 1 ppm and 0 ppm. Now I will give you some for the workplace, The max allowable concentration for continuous exposure in any eight hour period industry according to MIOSHA standard is 35ppm. 15 min OSHA slight Headaches, fatigue, dizziness, nausea after 2-3 hrs 200ppm. 400ppm frontal headaches with-in 1-2 hrs 400ppm. 800ppm dizziness, nausea, and convulsions with-in 45 min Unconsciousness with 2 hrs death with-in 3 hrs. I can go on and on but I am going to give you one more 12800ppm Death with-in 1 to 3 minutes.
So I guess you get the picture. If you feel good out in the fresh air then go in your home and always seem to get headaches it might not just be a sinus problem. Get your furnace and other gas appliances checked out by a qualified proffesional. I personally go in every service call with a Carbon Monoxide detector so I dont Die! This message is from MWK Heating & Cooling LTD